It’s hard to believe that five years have passed since Halo 3′s release. We may have finished that fight, but it seems an entirely new fight is on the horizon. As we patiently await the release of Halo 4, let’s celebrate Halo 3′s anniversary with a quick art challenge!
Use MS Paint to draw your favorite campaign moment from Halo 3. You can depict a scene from gameplay or from a cutscene, it’s up to you. Don’t worry if you’re not super artistic – if I wanted a masterpiece I wouldn’t restrict this contest to MS Paint!
A celebrity judge will select one entry as “Judge’s Choice”. There are no official selection criteria – the judge will simply pick a favorite based on personal preference. (So it might be the funniest entry, the most impressive entry, a favorite scene, etc.) All identifying info will be removed from the entries before the judging takes place to ensure an impartial decision.
A random lottery of all the remaining entries will be done for a smaller prize.
Judge’s Choice (One Winner) – Halo: The Thursday War paperback book. (Or any Halo book from Amazon that is less than $12 before shipping.)
Random Pick (Three Winners) – One ONI patch (Example) and one custom-made button (Example).
- Anyone can enter – you don’t have to be a member of HaloGAF.
- Original artwork only, please! Don’t use a screenshot or someone else’s art.
- If you don’t have MS Paint, feel free to use a similar drawing program to create your entry. Just please do NOT use something fancy like Photoshop – keep to the spirit of crappy MS Paint drawings!
- There is no minimum size requirement, but please do not submit anything larger than 1920×1080.
- You are limited to ONE official entry per person, but you are free to send another image before the deadline if you want to replace a previous entry or just contribute more art.
- When the time comes for the selection of the Judge’s Choice, I will first remove all identifying info from the entries to ensure an impartial decision is made.
- There is no set criteria for the judge’s selection; the winner may be chosen based on humor, artistic merit, plot moment depicted, etc. This is left to the judge’s discretion.
- INTERNATIONAL ENTRANTS: This contest is NOT restricted to US-only, but if you win a prize and live outside the US please understand the extra difficulty in prize shipping. We’ll work something out, possibly through bookdepository.com, just know that I’d rather not spend $25 to ship a $10 book.
- Entries must be received by 5:00pm EDT on Monday, October 1st.
- Contest winners will be announced no later than the following Friday.
How to enter:
- Email your entries to ncsuDuncan@gmail.com.
- Be sure to attach the image file.
- Please include “HaloGAF Contest” in the email subject line.
- Put a forum username and the title for your drawing (or a brief description) in the body of the email so I know what I’m looking at.
UPDATE: The contest is over! Stay tuned for the results.